Position Statements & Sample Letters
Below are examples of position statements & sample letters NCMEA used in our ongoing advocacy efforts during the COVID-19 pandemic. Feel free to use these as guides in your own advocacy efforts.
- Advocacy Statement & Instructional Suggestions
- Letter to School Superintendents (Sent June 14, 2020)
- Letter to North Carolina Parent Teacher Association (Sent July 2, 2020)
- Letter to Director of the NC Department of Health & Human Services (Sent July 15, 2020)
- Template Letter to Principals & Administrators
- Joint Advocacy Statement (NCMEA & ACDA)
- Advocacy Statement for Instructional (NCMEA & NCBA)
Virtual Town Hall District Meetings
State and National resources for music educators to utilize during this school year.