The Primary Goal of the NCMEA Mentoring Program is to identify and assist North Carolina music teachers in their first years of teaching.
- Participate in the mentoring sessions during conference.
- Weekly check ins (can be via text, virtual, phone, or in person)
- At Least TWO Observations. These can be conducted in person, via virtual meeting or via informal settings where teaching videos can be reviewed together. These are NON-evaluative and purely supportive
- NCMEA will host webinars/coffee chat for new teachers to share ideas, collaborate and network.
- One Program Evaluation Survey: This survey provides information regarding the procedures and practices implemented in the program.
Sign Up for Mentoring
NCMEA Mentor Committee
Chair: Dr. Carol Earnhardt, [email protected]