Deadline for Conference Proposals is March 1.
The 2021 NCMEA Conference will continue our 50th Anniversary Celebration of the Association. As such, we invite proposals that will not only celebrate our history but will also cultivate a vision of music education beyond this anniversary year. When considering ideas for sessions at conference, please keep in mind the ideals set forth by our current strategic plan. Proposals should:
- Reflect diversity in our profession and represent the wide and changing spectrum of our population. This representation may include various cultures, abilities, economic backgrounds and gender identities;
- Develop leadership to advocate for music education in the classroom, in school programs, and in the community and should represent current trends in education policy at the local, state and federal level;
- Provide opportunities for all students to create, perform, respond, and connect to various styles of music;
- Enhance music teaching through combining effective and dynamic new practices with proven strategies.
Future dates for NCMEA Conference to be held in Winston-Salem, NC
- November 6 – 9, 2021 (NCMEA 50th Anniversary Celebration)
- November 5 – 8, 2022
- November 4 – 7, 2023
- November 9 – 12, 2024