Tri-M Day and Young Professionals Symposium: A One Day Conference Event for Tri-M Chapters Looking for Resources
The North Carolina Music Educators Association’s Tri-M and Young Professionals Committee is excited to host its second annual Tri-M Day in conjunction with the Young Professionals Symposium, which occurs during the NCMEA Annual Conference. Young Professionals Symposium has a history of providing 11th and 12th grade high school music students interested in Music Education specifically tailored sessions and experiences. Also, NCMEA is hosting an extension of this event for all high school students who participate in Tri-M Music Honors Society called Tri-M Day.
Participants for Tri-M Day will learn about their leadership style, best practices for Tri-M Chapters, Tri-M service project ideas, and get a chance to brainstorm ideas for their chapters with other schools. Tri-M Students will gather with Young Professionals Symposium participants for portions of the event to participate in sessions centered around advocacy in music, music careers outside of education and even a conducting seminar. Apply online today!
TRI-M DAY APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
Up to 50 students can participate in Tri-M Day. Multiple chapter officers and members from a single chapter are encouraged to attend. In order to qualify for Tri-M day, the participant’s school must have a current Tri-M Membership for the 2022-2023 school year, and the advisor must have an active NCMEA Membership. Applications are due October 1st, and will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until all slots are filled.
A complete application for the Tri-M Day must be completed by the chapter advisor and is due October 1st. Please have your NAfME ID# ready and the number of students known at the time of completing the application.
APPLICATION FORM QUESTIONS
- Chapter Advisor Name
- Chapter Advisor NAfME ID Number
- Chapter Advisor Email
- Chapter Advisor Phone Number
- School Name
- Number of Students Attending Tri-M Day
- All Participating Students’ Names
- Grade Range of Participating Students
- Check: “Yes I would like to apply for the Chapter of Excellence for my school’s Tri-M Chapter”
or check: “No, I would not like to apply for the Chapter of Excellence for my school’s Tri-M Chapter”.
- If you check “Yes”, please email [email protected] a one to two page summary of your chapter’s accomplishments and highlights from the 2021-2022 school year on official school letterhead. Accomplishments can include but are not limited to, membership growth, service projects, social media presence, community outreach, or musical performances.
The Chapter Advisor must email all participating students’ emergency contact information to [email protected] in order to participate in the event.