MISSION: To advance music education by promoting the understanding and making of music by all.
VISION: Leading North Carolina in music education, empowering generations to create, perform and respond to music.
- INCLUSION and EQUITY – Building strength and promoting diversity in a profession representing a wide and changing spectrum of people and culture, abilities, economic backgrounds and gender identities while continuing to carry out the association’s letter of intent.
- COMMUNITY – Collaborating with our members and partners to carry out our mission
- STEWARDSHIP – Empowering volunteerism and strategically developing leadership, fostering a spirit of accountability and a culture of giving of our time, talents, and resources
- COMPREHENSIVENESS – Uplifting the human spirit and providing opportunities for all students to create, perform, respond, and connect to all styles of music
- INNOVATION – Enhancing music teaching through combining effective and dynamic new practices with proven strategies in the context of a changing global community.
NCMEA is one of fifty state affiliates the National Association for Music Education (NAfME)
Adopted by the NCMEA Board of Directors
August 6, 2016