MISSION: To advance music education by promoting the understanding and making of music by all.
VISION: Leading North Carolina in music education, empowering generations to create, perform and respond to music.
- Building strength and promoting diversity in a profession representing a wide and changing spectrum of people and culture, abilities, economic backgrounds, and gender identities while continuing to carry out the association’s declaration of intent.
- Collaborating with our members and partners to carry out our mission.
- Empowering volunteerism and strategically developing leadership, fostering a spirit of accountability and a culture of giving of our time, talents, and resources.
- Uplifting the human spirit and providing opportunities for all students to create, perform, respond, and connect to all music.
- Enhancing music teaching through combining effective and dynamic new practices with proven strategies in the context of a changing global community.
NCMEA is one of fifty state affiliates of the National Association for Music Education (NAfME).