IVfME Webinar Series 2022-2023
The Inclusive Vision for Music Education committee brings you the next NCMEA webinar on September 24th at 10:00 AM.
Presented by Jasmine Fripp, the session is titled “Is It Worth It?- A Deep Dive Into Problematic Music, Its Impact and Solutions.”
The webinar is free and open to the public, but registration is required. Please use the link below to secure your spot today.
#deia #diversity #equity #inclusion #access
June is African American Music Appreciation Month
With the help of our friends at the North Carolina Music Hall of Fame, NCMEA is celebrating the lives of notable music luminaries with ties to the state throughout the month. The following is a list of people who are all NC Music Hall of Fame Artists that have made their mark on American music history and deserve to be recognized for their achievements.
Notable NC Musicians
- Nina Simone
- Maceo Parker
- Max Roach
- John Coltrane
- George Clinton
- Etta Baker
- John P. Kee
- Anthony Hamilton
- Thelonius Monk
- Shirley Caesar
- Little Eva
- Eddie Ray
- Lou Donaldson
- Maurice Wlliams
- Percy Heath
- Tab Smith
- Willie Weeks
- Wilbert Harrison
- Roberta Flack
- The “5” Royales
- Shirley Reeves and Doris Jackson (The Shirelles)
- Chuck Brown
- Dr. Billy Taylor
- Calvin Richardson
- The Carolina Chocolate Drops
Additional Resources for IVfME (Inclusive Vision for Music Education)
- Cook Ross Reports
- Multicultural Awareness Commission History
- Culturally Responsive Teaching by Dr. Connie McKoy
- Who Enrolls in High School Music?
- NCMEA Declaration of Intent
- Johnathan Hamiel President’s Message (See pp. 8-9)
- NCMEA Mentoring Program
- Approaches to Multicultural Curriculum Reform
- Co-creating: students bring something in and the teacher ties it into the classroom (Jazzmone Sutton)
- Responding to Difference: Teaching Students How to Respond Internally to Something New (Jazzmone Sutton)
- “WOW, This is going to be awesome!”
- “This will be interesting”
- Take a Deep Breath
- VIDEOS: IVfME Webinar Series.
- VIDEO: Multiculturalism in the World of Chamber Music featuring Guest Lecturer Jonathan C. Kramer, Ph.D.
For more information, contact IVfME Chair Lillie Allmond Harris at [email protected].