Resources from Recent IVfME Webinars
- Is It Worth It Rubric – from Jasmine Fripp, AKA The Passionate Black Educator
- Latin American Music for Young Wind Bands Handout – from Rubén Darío Gómez, DMA
Additional Resources for IVfME (Inclusive Vision for Music Education)
- Cook Ross Reports
- Multicultural Awareness Commission History
- Culturally Responsive Teaching by Dr. Connie McKoy
- Who Enrolls in High School Music?
- NCMEA Declaration of Intent
- Johnathan Hamiel President’s Message (See pp. 8-9)
- NCMEA Mentoring Program
- Approaches to Multicultural Curriculum Reform
- Co-creating: students bring something in and the teacher ties it into the classroom (Jazzmone Sutton)
- Responding to Difference: Teaching Students How to Respond Internally to Something New (Jazzmone Sutton)
- “WOW, This is going to be awesome!”
- “This will be interesting”
- Take a Deep Breath
- VIDEOS: IVfME Webinar Series 2021-2022.
- VIDEO: Multiculturalism in the World of Chamber Music featuring Guest Lecturer Jonathan C. Kramer, Ph.D.
For more information, contact
IVfME Chair Lillie Allmond Harris