Let’s connect North Carolina through SONG!
How will you celebrate Music In Our Schools Month this year in your community? You could start by teaching some of the NAfME Music in Our School Month Concert songs to your students. This year we are providing multiple arrangements of various levels to help you best meet your music goals with your students.
Post your photos and videos on social media! Tag @NAfME and share it with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Use the hashtags #MIOSM and #MusicConnectsUs. Ensure you have permission to video ALL OF YOUR PERFORMERS.
The other side of celebrating Music In Our Schools Month is stepping into the role of music advocate. Take the time this month to contact your local school board members, community leaders, elected officials and state representatives. Tell them how having access to high quality music education benefits the children in your community. Let them know if your students were selected to perform in one of the state or national Honor Ensembles, or the US Army All-American Marching Band. Tell them about any music awards or honors your students achieved. They really LOVE to hear about the good things that are happening in the schools.
THANK YOU QUAVER!
Quaver Music is happy to provide rehearsal tools for MIOSM 2018! Permission is granted for music educators to use the PDFs, audio tracks, and video tools provided here in preparation for MIOSM Celebrations this year.
Learn more about Quaver and get a free preview of the full K-8 General Music Curriculum at QuaverMusic.com/Preview.
Resources to help you celebrate MIOSM®
- FREE concert repertoire!Download five free songs, including sheet music, score, backing tracks, and more provided by Quaver Music.
- FREE sheet music download of “Power in Me” by Rebecca Lawrence and “Singing Together” by Craig McLeish, including lesson plans, teaching aims and objectives, and conductor’s notes.
- Change your profile picture for the month of March! Download the MIOSM logo for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Have a concert in March? Download the MIOSM concert program insert.
- See other classroom ideas from NAfME members in our member community: Amplify.