Do you have a rock ensemble or students who are interested in playing popular music in a rock band? Are you looking for opportunities to support their musical growth outside the school? This year, NCMEA will be sponsoring a new event called “SoundForge: A Popular Music Collective.” SoundForge is a youth-based popular music collective that offers a unique opportunity for aspiring musicians to showcase their original music.
The event will include hands-on experiences for musicians to work alongside experienced singer/songwriters and learn how to shape their original sound. Attendees will perform their music in front of an enthusiastic audience, while also experiencing clinics where they will receive an opportunity to learn technical and songwriting skills from singer/songwriters! The experience provides an immersive opportunity for young musicians to develop their talents and gain valuable insights into the music industry. Any popular music groups are encouraged to apply.
The event will be hosted at the University of North Carolina Wilmington on February 3rd, 2024. Cost is $150 per school. Any questions about the event can be sent to Jonathan Kladder, [email protected].
Please consider sending your application by clicking on the registration link below!
- 8:00 am – full team arrives with student workers to assure all equipment is setup, on, and functioning
- 9:00 am – singer/songwriter clinicians arrive
- 9:30 am – students and directors arrive
- 10:00 – 12:00 p.m. – 3 clinics run simultaneously
- 12:00 – 1:00 – break for food
- 1:00 – 3:00 – 3 same clinics run simultaneously
- 3:00- 4:00 – break/campus tour
- 5:00 – curtain for rock show
- 5:00 – 6:00 – rock show
- 6:00 – pack up and dismiss