*Teacher of the Year Rubric*
- Must be an active member of NCMEA, currently teaching Elementary School Music.
- Must have taught in North Carolina for at least 5 years
- Must be nominated by a member of NCMEA and/or their administrators through a letter of recommendation citing the merits of the nominee.
- Letter of recommendation may include personal experience, nominee’s professional memberships, educational background, past teaching experience, church job (if applicable), etc.
- No more than 2 letters of recommendation.
- An updated resume will be submitted by candidates after they have been notified of their nomination.