*Teacher of the Year Rubric*
- Must be an active member of NCMEA, currently teaching Elementary School Music
- Must have taught in North Carolina for at least 5 years
- Must be nominated by a member of NCMEA and/or their administrators through a letter of recommendation citing the merits of the nominee.
- Letter of recommendation may include personal experience, nominee’s professional memberships, educational background, past teaching experience, church job (if applicable), etc.
- No more than 2 letters of recommendation
- An updated resume must be sent with the nomination form and letters of recommendation.