NCMEA’s 2023 Collegiate Conference Scholarships will cover the cost of conference registration ($50) for up to 48 deserving Collegiate NAfME members with demonstrated financial need. Scholarship recipients are expected to participate in conference sessions for a minimum of two days and are encouraged to attend the following two events:
- Collegiate Mixer on Sunday, November 5th from 4:30 PM -5:20 PM
- Collegiate Business Meeting on Sunday, November 5th from 5:30 PM -6:00 PM
All collegiate members with financial need are welcome to apply; collegiate students who are first-time conference attendees will receive priority. Please note that this scholarship award does not cover NAfME/NCMEA Membership which is required to attend the conference. Please visit https://nafme.org/join-renew/ to join or renew your membership before submitting your application.
- Current collegiate member of NCMEA/NAfME.
- Currently enrolled at a North Carolina higher education university/college.
- Committed to attending at least two days of the 2023 conference.
- No funds for cost of registration are available from either your university or Collegiate NAfME chapter.
- Contact phone number for your C-NAfME chapter faculty advisor or a Music Education professor who knows you well is provided.
- Statement of financial need is included.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Collegiate Executive Board in the order in which they are received. Priority may be given to applicants attending the conference for the first time.
- Application deadline is Friday October 6, 2023 at 5pm.
- All awardees will be notified of the details regarding their scholarship no later than Monday, October 9th. Scholarship recipients who have already registered for the conference will be refunded their registration fee.