Honorary Life Membership is conferred by the NCMEA Board of Directors and determined at the April Board Meeting.
NCMEA Past Presidents are awarded an Honorary Life Membership to NCMEA.
Sections may nominate a member for Honorary Life Membership from those who hold 25 Year Membership.
GUIDELINES FOR SELECTION OF HONORARY LIFE MEMBERS
- Automatic Life Memberships shall be granted to all retiring Presidents of NCMEA.
- Recommendations for other life members shall be made at the Spring Board Meeting by the Section Chairs from the list of twenty-five year members, active or retired, and shall be persons who have served at the local, district, and state levels.
- Recommendations may also be made at the Section Meetings at the annual Conference. Each nomination is to include a biographical sketch of the person which will include such information as is pertinent to the individual’s qualifications noted in B above.
- Nominations shall be submitted to the Executive Director by March 31. A committee appointed by the President will receive all nominations and present their recommendation for action at the Spring Board meeting.
- The new Honorary Life Members will be sent an invitation by the Executive Director to be recognized at the annual Conference as the guest of NCMEA.
- Each Honorary Life Member shall not be required to pay the state portion of their national (NAfME) dues and shall receive an honorary subscription to The North Carolina Music Educator Journal.