Tell us how you are coping and continuing to connect to your students by writing a brief story for our Teaching Music: From Classrooms to Homes project. We will share your stories with legislators in the upcoming session.
There’s a trove of information available related to COVID-19. With your phone:
- Text COVIDNC to 898211 to get alerts about Coronavirus updates in NC.
- Dial 2-1-1 or 888-892-1162 for COVID-19 questions.
In the links below you’ll find news from the World Health Organization (WHO) and guidance from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as the NC Department of Health and Human Services. There’s even information related to music instrument hygiene. Also, our friends at Arts NC have created a hub for all Arts COVID19 Relief Funds.
- NAfME COVID-19 Resource and News page
- NC Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 Response
- Contact your local NC Health Department
- Arts NC COVID19 Resource Page – Search for relief funds in your area by county, either to donate or request assistance.
More Teacher Resources
Additional useful information can be found on our Teacher Resources page.
NCMEA CANCELS ALL STUDENT-EVENTS
The NCMEA Leadership along with Band, High School Choral, Middle School Choral, Jazz and Orchestra Section Chairs have determined it is best for the health and safety of our students and music directors to cancel all our MPA events. Jazz, High School Choral and Middle School Choral All-State Events are cancelled.
NCMEA Sections will be sending refunds to schools that are affected by this cancellation. Please give our MPA and All-State Event chairs time to work through this process.
Stay safe & healthy!