Three North Carolina school districts and one school have been recognized by The NAMM Foundation for their commitment to music education. Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools, Chatham County Schools & Guilford County Schools have each been honored as a Best Community for Music Education for 2019. And Cuthbertson High School has been honored as a SupportMusic Merit Award winner for 2019.
For over 20 years the Best Communities for Music Education (BCME) and SupportMusic Merit (SMMA) awards have become signature programs of The NAMM Foundation recognizing and celebrating school districts and schools across the United States for their support and commitment to music education and efforts to assure access to music for all students as part of a well-rounded education.
Congratulations to the 623 school districts and the 98 individual schools that received the national recognition for their support for music education as part of the core curriculum.
Save the Date for The 2020 Survey
- Survey opens: October 2019
- Survey closes: January 31, 2020
- National Recognition
- Community Recognition and community pride
- Increased Visibility of music education in your district, school, and community
- Program Validation of your school or district’s support for music education
- Program Auditing tool for auditing your music program
If you would like more information about the program, contact Sharon Bryant.