NCMEA Hall of Fame Award honors those NCMEA members who have made an extraordinary contribution to our organization. The qualifications for this honor include being a member of NCMEA/NAfME for at least 30 years, having a record of excellence in teaching and/or administration, having a record of betterment to the profession, and of professional ideals and academic integrity.
Nominations for Hall of Fame are accepted from NCMEA Sections of the NCMEA Board. Criteria include:
- Member of NCMEA/NAfME (if retired, nominee must have been a member while teaching for a minimum of 30 years)
- Excellence in teaching and/or administration.
- Contributions and improvements made in music education.
- Betterment of the profession thorough exemplary service.
- Professional offices, publications, awards, recognition’s, and/or performances.
- Professional ideals and academic integrity.
- Provide at least three letters of commendation from a combination of the following: students, administrators, colleagues, community, state or national leaders.