Teaching Guitar Workshop in Cornelius, NC
June 17 - June 21
A Teaching Guitar Workshop will be held in Cornelius, NC, at Bailey Middle School June 17-21, 2019. This is one of 23 workshops being held nationwide and the only one in NC this summer.
Interested teachers should register at: http://www.guitaredunet.org/.
The Teaching Guitar Workshops were started by members of GAMA, NAMM and NAfME in 1995. The objective: help school music educators start or enhance classroom guitar programs and deliver more music making opportunities to children.
Between 1995 – 2012 over 3000 school music across the United States and Canada have enjoyed this TGW. GAMA’s studies suggest that over 500,000 students have learned guitar in schools because of the TGW.
- Classroom guitar teachers attract new students to music education.
- Guitar can fill up a teaching schedule.
- Music education is in demand and recruiting is easy.
- Guitar programs are inexpensive to start and maintain.
- Many teachers report increased job security since starting guitar programs.
- Classroom guitar programs attract kids who were not previously involved in school music. Guitar programs have also helped “at-risk” kids get more involved in school and improve their performance.