Registration form must be completed by September 15th by the link on the “2021 Virtual Audition Registration” page. Once the form is completed please mail your registration payment (more info below)
After completing the registration form please look for an email from Catherine Butler with student ID numbers. You should receive an email by Monday, September 20th.
The audition registration fee is $15 per singer. Registration payment must be postmarked by September 15th and mailed to Robert Waller. This registration is NON-REFUNDABLE. All registration payments should be mailed to:
Valley Springs Middle School
℅ Robert Waller
224 Long Shoals Road
Arden, NC 28704
This section must be completed by September 24th at MIDNIGHT!
Teachers will email each student’s MP3 file or M4A file to either the East, Central, or West gmail accounts depending on which site you would take students to audition in person.
- All singers will clearly state their student number, and voice part with divisi.
- All singers will sing one unaccompanied major scale on solfége, or the method their teacher has taught them. Ascending and then descending with no break in the middle
- All singers’ recordings will be sent by their teacher to the designated gmail accounts.
All AUDIO recordings are due by midnight on September 24th. DO NOT SEND A VIDEO OF YOUR STUDENT SINGING. ALL RECORDINGS MUST BE IN AUDIO FORMAT.
The following scales will be sung for each voice part. Remember that you are singing an ascending and descending scale. Do NOT stop at the top of the scale. Sing the scale up and down without stopping.
- All soprano AND alto singers will sing an F major scale
- All tenors singers will sing a G major scale starting on the G below middle C
- All bass singers will sing a C major scale starting on the C below middle C
Make sure that you follow the recorded instructions included in the audition track when making your recordings. Audition tracks will be posted by September 10th. The recorded instructions will include the following:
- Welcome to the 2021 NCMSHC auditions
- We will now establish the key and play the starting pitch
- We will now sing the scale with a 4 beat count off
- We will now sing the song beginning at letter E and stopping at letter J
Info for Teachers
The seated choir will be posted on the NCMEA website by Tuesday, October 5th.
Music packets will be shipped to schools from JW Pepper. Music packets will have enough copies for students and teachers. You will receive an invoice for the music in the packet.