Welcome to the 2017 North Carolina High School All-State Choir Registration! Please take the time to read each question carefully and enter the information correctly as incorrectly entered information takes time to sort out and delays allotments to all directors.
Please check the box at the end indicating that you understand the logistics of the 2017 festival.
- The All-State Festival dates are May 5-6, 2017 with mandatory District rehearsals taking place in March and April.
- The All-State Festival will take place in Raleigh, NC with rehearsals being in the Raleigh Convention Center and the performances being in Memorial Auditorium at the Duke Energy Center of the Performing Arts.
- The entire festival will be hosted by the High School Choral Section of NCMEA, therefore membership in NAfME is the only membership requirement for the 2017 festival (ACDA membership is no longer a requirement).
- There will be 4 choirs providing a plethora of opportunities for your students (9-10 Mixed Choir, 11-12 Mixed Choir, 9-12 Women’s Choir, and 9-12 Men’s Choir). At the 2:00 concert, the 9-10 Mixed Choir and 11-12 Mixed Choir will perform and at the 4:00 concert, the Women’s Choir and Men’s Choir will perform). You may participate in one or all of the ensembles provided you have met the NCMEA requirements for All-State. Please try to only sign up for the choirs you plan to bring students to so your allotments do not have to be given out again if you choose to not use them.
- The registration fee per student is $30.00, payable AFTER you have received your allotments.
NC All-State Registration Form
Registration Deadline: February 1, 2016 $30.00 per student, non-refundable fee.
If All-State is cancelled due to inclement weather, it will not be rescheduled and fees will not be refunded. Fees are nonrefundable for any reason.
Return this completed form (1st and 2nd page) with one school or booster check or money order (no
personal checks) payable to:
Forsyth Country Day School
P.O. Box 549
Lewisville, NC 27023
The dates of the 2017 NC All-State Choral Festival are May 5-6, 2017 in Raleigh.The Raleigh Convention Center is not available for our dates for the 2017 Festival so you should know that the rehearsals for each choir will take place at different venues throughout downtown Raleigh and NC State University. The hope is to be back at the Convention Center in 2018. The performances will still take place in Memorial Auditorium at the Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts. The following information is important for you to consider before applying for slots.
- The 9-10 Mixed Choir will be conducted by Dr. James Franklin from East Carolina University and will rehearse in the Auditorium at the North Carolina Educators Association building (700 S. Salisbury St.).
- The 11-12 Mixed Choir will be conducted by Dr. Christopher Aspaas from Texas Christian University and will rehearse in Venture Hall at the Marble Kids’ Museum (201 E. Hargett St.).
- The 9-12 Women’s Choir will be conducted by Dr. Julie Yu from Kansas State University and will rehearse in the Fellowship Hall of First Presbyterian Church (112 S. Salisbury St.).
- The 9-12 Men’s Choir will be conducted by Dr. Nathan Leaf from NC State University and will rehearse at the Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts (2 East South St.).
Due to the number of drops we receive each year once allotments have been given out in December, the Choral Board has decided to implement the following payment policy for the 2017 Festival:
Teachers will register for the All-State Festival in the same manner as before but now they will include an initial $30.00 non-refundable payment per choir with their Dec. 1 registration. If a teacher is only applying for slots in the men’s and women’s choirs, they will submit a check made out for $60.00 along with their registration. If a teacher is applying for slots in all four choirs, they will submit a check made out for $120.00. These payments will ensure that each school receives one slot in each choir*. Teachers will receive their allotments in late December and then will pay the balance for the extra slots and any t-shirts they would like to purchase by Feb. 1, 2017. For example, if a teacher receives 3 in the 9-10 choir, 3 in the 11-12 choir, 4 in the women’s choir, and 2 in the men’s choir, they will already have paid $120.00 and will owe a balance of $240.00 for the rest of their slots. If a teacher receives one slot in each choir, they have paid the initial $120.00 and owe nothing more unless they want to purchase t-shirts.
*Please remember that the All-State Coordinator decides the allotment for each school based on a formula. Schools that have less than 25 in their total choral student enrollment will be not be given allotments in each choir regardless of their initial deposit. A refund will be issued for a school not eligible to receive allotments in all four of the choirs to which they apply.