For the purpose of serving current needs in Large Choral activities such as the regional choral festivals, workshops,and solo-ensemble festivals, offered by the Choral Section of the North Carolina Music Educators Association, the state of North Carolina shall be divided into eight (8) regions as follows:
- Eastern Region #1: Chatham, Durham, Franklin, Granville, Harnett, Johnston, Lee, Orange,Person, Vance and Wake.
- Eastern Region #2: Beaufort, Bertie, Camden, Chowan, Currituck, Dare, Edgecombe, Gates,Greene, Halifax, Hertford, Hyde, Lenoir, Martin, Nash, Northhampton, Pamlico, Pasquotank,Perquimans, Pitt, Tyrrell, Warren, Washington, Wayne, and Wilson.
- Eastern Region #3: Bladen Brunswick, Carteret, Columbus, Craven, Cumberland, Duplin, Jones, New Hanover, Onslow, Pender and Sampson.
- Central Region #1: Alamance, Caswell, Forsyth, Guilford, Randolph, Rockingham, Stokes, Surryand Yadkin.
- Central Region #2: Anson, Hoke, Montgomery, Moore, Richmond, Robertson and Scotland.
- Western Region #1: Cabarrus, Davidson, Davie, Mecklenburg, Rowan, Stanly and Union.
- Western Region #2: Alexander, Allegheny, Ashe, Burke, Caldwell, Catawba, Cleveland, Gaston,Iredell, Lincoln, Watauga and Wilkes.
- Western Region #3: Avery, Buncombe, Cherokee, Clay, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Jackson,Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, Polk, Rutherford, Swain, Transylvania and Yancey.