Enter the NCMEA T-Shirt Design Contest for a chance to have your design featured on official NCMEA apparel! The winning design(s) will be made available to purchase on the NCMEA website.
The contest is open to ALL current NCMEA members AND students of current NCMEA members (all ages!). Student designs must be submitted by their teacher who is an NCMEA member. Individuals may submit multiple designs (fill out one form for each).
The deadline to submit is Tuesday, May 31. Thanks for participating!
The Rules (Please read carefully!)
- Your design MUST use one of the following slogans:
Change the World, Teach Music
Music Makers = Game Changers
- Your design can include the words “North Carolina Music Educators Association,” “NCMEA,” or the NCMEA logo. If it does not include one of these, NCMEA will add the organization name or logo to another area of the shirt. Link to NCMEA logos: NCMEA Logos On the Google Drive
- Your design can include hand-drawn or royalty-free digital images, or just cool graphic text.
- All lettering should be clearly legible.
- Selected designs will appear on the front of a solid-color t-shirt.
- All designs must be large and high-resolution enough to print; transparent backgrounds are recommended.
- Your design must be wholly original. By submitting a design, you are guaranteeing that you hold original rights to everything in it, that it may be printed on distributed t-shirts, and that it does not contain any copyrighted material. Content must comply with publicity, trademark, and copyright laws.
- Artwork should be submitted in high resolution as a .png, .jpg, or .pdf file. Judges will select the top finalists, showcase them online and allow voters to choose their favorite design. T-shirts featuring winning designs will be made available for sale on the NCMEA website.
- Creators of any winning designs will receive a free t-shirt and artistic credit on the NCMEA website.
- In the event that no entry is selected, NCMEA reserves the right to declare no winner and run the contest again at another time. NCMEA will have all rights to the winning design.
- The deadline to submit designs is Tuesday, May 31.
Designs will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Concept and originality
- Captures the spirit of the NCMEA community
- Completeness of design and readiness for printing
- Feasibility of reproduction
- Adherence to design and submission rules and guideline