- Durham, NC
- Posted On:
- March 10, 2021
Kidznotes is seeking a Program Manager with an abundance mindset to manage our Kidznotes music programs in Durham Public Schools and Wake County Public School System partner schools and nucleos. This is a full-time exempt position based in Durham, NC.
During the current COVID-19 pandemic, Kidznotes is operating remotely with staff working from home, with all music programming conducted virtually. As school and public health conditions improve, this position would be working between the Durham and Raleigh nucleos, reporting weekly to the Durham main offices within the next 12 months. The Program Manager will report to the Executive Director until a Program Director is hired.
- 3-5 years of experience in music, arts, and/or education program implementation or management, including familiarity with program assessment methods
- Thorough knowledge of Durham Public Schools (DPS) and/or Wake County Public School System (WCPSS) academic programs, after school supporting services procedures and requirements.
- Working knowledge of, and ability to play a musical instrument, preferably strings
- Strong commitment to El Sistema’s philosophy of social change through music and the mission of Kidznotes
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse communities
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus, and/or ability to flex communication style to address multiple cultural environments
- Promote equity through the 1) identification and removal of barriers, 2) facilitation of learning, 3) cultivation of community, and 4) empowerment of people
- Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, including communities of color, in the consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process
- Experience with Google Suite and Database Management software (preferably Salesforce) a plus
- Four-year undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected].