- Charlotte Chorale Inc.
- Charlotte, NC
- Posted On:
- June 26, 2023
DescriptionThe Charlotte Chorale is an auditioned community choir in Charlotte, NC and we are looking for a creative conductor to lead this fun and talented group.
This is a part-time contract position in Charlotte, NC.
A degree in Conducting is preferred; however, candidates with significant and applicable field experience which enable them to carry out the responsibilities listed below will also be considered. Because our programming is diverse, candidates should be proficient and knowledgeable in a broad range of music genres including, but not limited to, pop, jazz, Christmas, patriotic, spiritual, classical, and Broadway.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Leading the Chorale at weekly rehearsals.
• Conducting auditions for singers, ensuring those selected will uphold the quality of the group.
• Recruiting singers who can read music and can add vocal balance to the choir.
• Collaborating with the Chorale Board in selecting music and concert themes that fulfill the vision of the Chorale and are marketable in the community. This includes a spring concert and a Christmas concert.
• Discussing the specific requirements of each performance with the Chorale Board and presenting any associated costs to the Chorale Board for approval.
• Visiting and approving all performance venues.
• Securing contract musicians to enhance the Chorale accompaniment while adhering to seasonal budget.
• Participating in programming planning meetings.
• Promoting the Charlotte Chorale throughout the community through media interviews and social media postings, and at public performances with the Chorale.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills and the ability to do so collaboratively.
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].