- Asheville Christian Academy
- Asheville NC
- 30,000.00 - 40,000.00
- Posted On:
- February 28, 2019
Asheville Christian Academy K5 – Grade 5 Elementary Music Teacher
Job summary: Instructional Faculty
Hired by: The Head of School
Responsible to: Director of Fine Arts and Head of Lower School
Evaluated: Annual written evaluation conducted by the Level Administrator
Type of position: Yearly contracted position
General Description: This position will instruct lower school students in grades K5 through Grade 5 in class time, concerts, and special events.
Target Faculty Profile
- Demonstrates a clear understanding and commitment to ACA’s By-Laws (including Article II, the Statement of Faith), Mission, Core Values, Philosophy of Education.
- Models Christian values. Routinely shares and models personal testimony while pursuing the best reputation for integrity, spiritual leadership, unity, ministry, and grace at school.
- Academically credentialed. Well-qualified professional who inspires students to greatness with a passion for learning. Uses innovative and creative instructional methods.
- Genuinely loves students. Appreciates their unique God-given gifts and learning styles, holds them accountable to high standards, and challenges them to think at deeper levels while being committed to meeting the instructional needs of all students.
- Builds relationships of trust and consistency. Communicates effectively with students, parents, peers, and administrators.
- Demonstrates a collaborative style of work, and a spirit of problem-solving, envisioning, and joy in service
- Membership in a church that embraces the historic Christian faith Qualifications
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Music Education
- Advanced knowledge of music education pedagogy in the primary years
- Piano fluency in an advanced level
- Experience using Orff instructional methodology
- Develop a program of music instruction in the elementary school grades (K4-5th Grade) by following the curriculum and using the resources available at each grade level.
- Assist with lower school chapel program by planning and leading music.
- Plan, organize, and direct lower school music programs (Christmas, Spring, and Grandparent’s Day) in cooperation with the Lower School Principal and Fine Arts Director.
- Model and develop good vocal technique as appropriate for all ages.
- Introduce and develop student knowledge of musical terminology, theory, and notation.
- Work with Fine Arts team to develop a continuity of music instruction K4-12.
- Plan and execute a scope and sequence of instruction through the use of daily, weekly, and unit lesson plans.
- Work with the Fine Arts Director to plan and execute concerts, and musical programs.
- Establish a classroom culture of musical learning.
- Maintains a safe and orderly classroom. Applies discipline in a reasonable, redemptive, and consistent manner.
- Involve ACA students in musical arts activities in and out of school.
- Create a passion within students for making music.
- Promote both vocal and instrumental music among students, both in and out of school.
- Create extra-curricular music opportunities.
Other Duties As Assigned
- Other duties related to the Fine Arts program as given by the Fine Arts Director.
- Work cheerfully and productively under the leadership of the Lower School Principal and Fine Arts Director and alongside other Fine Arts staff.
- Exercise all necessary planning for the use of the facilities for choral and co-curricular arts events with the Campus Manager.
Benefits Package and Courtesies
- Personal day
- Sick days
- Professional development opportunities
- Partial Health Insurance
- Retirement plan available after one year of service.
• Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Music Education • Classroom experience • Advanced knowledge of music education pedagogy in the primary years • Piano fluency in an advanced level • Experience using Orff instructional methodology
How to Apply
Complete Faculty Application: http://www.ashevillechristian.org/Employment and submit to Laura Benzing at [email protected] or 74 Riverwood Road, Swannanoa, NC 28778