- Follow the Child Montessori School
- Raleigh, NC
- 35-40K based on experience
- Posted On:
- April 27, 2021
We seek a professional, experienced and passionate educator to teach music to elementary-level students (ages 6-12). You are an innovative and collaborative music educator who has a knowledge of childhood development and recognizes the joys of working with elementary-level students. You have experience developing creative and engaging lesson plans that allow students to grow their appreciation, skills and understanding of music in all genres and in other forms of expression.
The qualified candidate will have teaching experience at the lower school level, background, interest, and passion for teaching music, and a bachelor’s degree in a related educational field. Successful candidates will have sound pedagogical skills, highly developed writing and organizational skills, experience teaching music, a growth mindset, positive resolve, follow through, and the desire to build positive and meaningful relationships with students in a manner consistent with our child-centered and developmentally appropriate curriculum. A passion for diversity and a multicultural approach to music is essential.
- Teaching experience at the lower school level
- Background, interest, and passion for teaching music
- Bachelor’s degree in a related educational field.
- Solid communication and organizational skills
- Growth mindset
- Commitment to being a learner and participant in addressing issues of social justice, diversity, equity and anti-bias education.
How to Apply
Contact Rebecca McGrail, Head of School at [email protected]