- Pine Lake Preparatory
- Mooresville, NC
- Dependent upon experience
- Posted On:
- March 18, 2019
Pine Lake Prep, a North Carolina top rated charter school, is seeking a dynamic and qualified Band Teacher (grades 6-12) for the 2019-2020 school year.
Essential functions of this position include:
- Direct and supervise all school band performances, concert band, jazz band, soloists, and small ensembles.
- Establish performance requirements, and enforce academic requirements.
- Promote student learning by providing responsive instruction that makes use of effective communication techniques, instructional strategies that actively engage students in the learning process, and timely, high-qualify feedback.
- Understand the central concepts, tools of inquiry and structures of the discipline, making subject matter meaningful to students.
- Create a classroom environment of respect and rapport that fosters a positive climate for learning, equity, and excellence.
Candidates are required to uphold standards set by the NC Department of Public Instruction. Desirable applicants will hold a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university, and should display evidence of strong experience and pedagogy of instrumental methods.